31st Annual Chili Cook-Off
Saturday, October 21, 2017
It's everyone's favorite time of year, and you know what that means...it's CHILI time!
The #5PointsChiliCookOff will be on October 21st. Once again, we are giving you the chance to watch teams battle it out for Columbia's best chili! Join us on Greene Street & Pavilion Avenue from noon to 6pm, for over 30 awesome chilis, live music, children’s area, craft beers, cornhole, and more!
The best part? The event is FREE!
CALLING ALL CHEFS! 2017 CHEF REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! Register HERE until Wednesday, October 18th.
CLICK HERE FOR AN EVENT MAP
Chilis will be tried by our panel of 10 experts and judged in the following categories: Overall Best Chili, Best Vegetarian, Best Texas Style, and Best Non-Traditional. All teams will also be competing for "Best Set-Up" and "The Group Therapy Silver Spoon Award" for the most monies raised.
2017 MUSIC LINE-UP
11:00-11:40am: Bois Obscur
12:05-12:45pm: Slim Pickens
1:15-1:55pm: Cletus Baltimore
2:25-3:05pm: Ashes of Old Ways
3:35-4:30pm: DJ Logic
5:00-6:30pm: Laith Al-Saadi
-LINE-UP - Live music will be played on our event stage at the corner of Harden Street and Greene Street, starting at 11am.
-FOOD TRUCK RODEO - Don't like chili? No problem! Our Food Truck Rodeo is back and will feature four regional trucks with delicious, non-chili offerings. Food trucks include Coldstone Creamery, Pawleys Front Porch Food Truck, Ono Grindz, and Doggy Bagz.
-CHANGE STATIONS – Each chili is available for a $1 donation, so please come with small bills in hand! Forgot your ones? We will have 3 change stations (and ATMs) on site.
-Academy Sports + Outdoors LITTLE PEPPERS PLACE – Thanks to our friends at Academy Sports + Outdoors, the Chili Cook-Off is a guaranteed good time for the whole family! Their "Little Peppers Place" (on Pavilion Ave., behind the former Rite Aid parking lot), will be a big hit with the kids with a mega slide, bounce house, face painting, a bubble machine, sidewalk chalk, and sweet treats from Brain Freeze Italian Ice!
-MERCHANT SALES & SPECIALS - By presenting their “Chili Stain Sticker” or 21+ wristband in select Five Points stores, patrons can enjoy sales and specials on the day of Chili Cook-Off, including:
- Good For the Sole Shoes – extra 15% off NEW fall and clearance merchandise
- Hip-Wa-Zee - costume sale 25-75% off
- Loose Lucy’s - 15% off store-wide and an extra 10% off clearance items
- Natural Vibrations – 10% off storewide
- Office Depot – leave your computer while at the event for a free computer diagnostics and power clean, then come pick it up on your way home
- Papa Jazz – 20% off Red Hot Chili Peppers titles (CD & LP)
- Petal – 10% off storewide
- Soda City Mattress & Furniture - 10% off storewide
- Sunrise Artisan Bath & Body – 15% off storewide
- Tripp’s Fine Cleaners - 20% off items dropped off in store on Saturday, Oct. 21st
- Twig – 10% off storewide
- Upstairs Audio – Sidewalk sale with great deals on new & used merchandise
- Vestique – 10% off storewide
- Wildflower Boutique – 15% off entire purchase
The 30th Annual Chili Cook-Off in Five Points would not be possible without support from: KW Beverage, Shock Top, South Carolina Education Lottery, Bottles Beverage Superstore, Academy Sports + Outdoors, Station at Five Points, Wolfe & Taylor Realtors, Courtyard Columbia Cayce, Taneyhill's Group Therapy, Checker Yellow Cab, Free Times, Next Home Specialists, WXRY, Office Depot, Stuyck Company, Jake's on Devine, the City of Columbia, Experience Columbia SC and the Five Points Association.